How can ADLT 101 help your students?
Transitioning into life after school can be confusing and intimidating for young people. Many recent graduates have expressed that there are many things they didn’t learn in school but would be useful to know upon graduation. Topics including buying their first car, moving into their own apartment, selecting insurance, paying off debt etc. come up often. Students have stated they feel overwhelmed during the transition process and it just seems like there is nowhere to turn for the answers. Across the country, students acknowledge they have book smarts but fall tragically when it came to these survival skills.
ADLT 101 empowers students with the knowledge and resources they need to be successful after graduation.
ADLT 101 workshops are very interactive and informal including music, videos, and pop culture references to make the messages easily digestible for young adults.
Here’s what students & teachers have to say!
Presetations & Workshops
ADLT 101: the basics of surviving in the “real world”
Being a student is great, but in many ways students can be sheltered from some of the nuances of post-grad life, which can come as a huge shock to students upon leaving school. This presentation will give students the knowledge and resources to be able to make their first years of post-graduate life a success. After completing this presentation students will be able to:
- Make informed decisions about how to accept and negotiate job offers
- Make informed decisions about selecting insurance including medical, dental, life etc.
- Understand the pros and cons of leasing or owning a car
- Create and stick to a budget
- How to manage various types of debt
- & much more
How to take full advantage of being a student
Many students are painfully unaware of all of the resources and benefits they have available to them during their time in school until it’s too late. During this workshop students will be taught various strategies to help them take advantage of being a student including:
- How to gain relevant career experience while getting paid
- How to establish lasting relationships
- How to make the most of on campus resources
- Creative methods for finding scholarships
The Adulting Hierarchy of Needs
Similar to Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, the adultng hierarchy of needs covers the basic strategies that one needs to be able to manage oneself including self-awareness, risk management, personal finance, and investing. During this presentation individuals will learn:
- How to successfully navigate the unexpected nuances of life
- Methods for creating their own personal mission statement
- Strategies for beginning financial planning with goals in mind